The AGathon is Hawaii's premier agriculture - tech hackathon. It's purpose is to spark innovation and advancement within the Hawaii agricultural industry through the creativity and talents in Hawaii’s growing startup, technology, and developer community.
If you are an expert in:
and want help Hawaii become food self-sufficient, this is the event for you!
Compete for cash prizes and mentorship from seasoned agtech entrepreneurs to take your concept solution to the next level!
The agenda for the weekend is as follows:
- 8:00am - Doors open at Impact Hub, Hackathon Starts, morning brew
- 9:00 - 9:30am - Meet the ag experts from our startup community
- 12:00 noon - Lunch
- 6:00pm - Dinner
- 10pm - Doors close
- 6am - Doors open at Impact Hub
- 12:00 noon - Lunch, Stop Work on projects
- 1:00pm - Team demos, judging, and awards
- 3:00pm - Pau, time to party
- Teams of individuals who are at least 18 years of age (adults) as of the time of entry, are Hawaii state residents or U.S. citizens as of the time of entry;
- Individuals who are under 18 years of age (minors), provided they are each a member of a team that includes a minimum of one individual who meets all requirements of item above (e.g.,parent, educator, advisor).
Submissions must be entirely the work of the contestants. Teams may use any software/platform of their choosing for their projects and submissions will be uploaded to the official AGathon Devpost site.
Participants and teams must register there submission here at http://agathon.devpost.com
- Team presentations on demo day are 5 minutes long. A general rule of thumb is 3 minutes presentation and 2 minutes of Q&A for the judges. This should all be concluded within the 5 minutes.
$6,000 in prizes
First place team as determined by the judges.
Second place team as determined by the judges.
Third place team as determined by the judges.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
How to enter
Create a working app or solution that meets the requirements and specifications described within one Sponsor Challenge.
Solutions will be explained and demonstrated by the team for the judging panel on January 14, 2018 at 1pm Hawaii Standard Time (HST).
Each Contestant will be required to provide the following as part of the Submission:
- A link to their app/submission
- A link to your submission profile on Devpost including a declaration of which Challenge you've chosen to pursue - http://agathon.devpost.com
After the Competition Submission Period has ended, the Submission cannot be modified in any way until after Judging has ended.
Chairmen/Director - Dept of Ag
Executive Director/Transform Hawaii Gov
Hawaii State Senator
VP of Investments/Ulupono
Potential to positively impact Hawaii’s agriculture industry as relevant to each respective Challenge (25%)
Quality of concept, including creativity, originality and commercial viability (25%)
Implementation of the idea (including user experience and design) (50%)